This position has been filled.
We are looking for an additional team member. The person we seek is intrigued by puzzles and tackling interesting problems. You are either a full stack engineer who enjoys frontend work, or you are a frontend engineer who has started the transition towards full stack and is eager to continue on that path.
We are looking for a contract-to-hire / temp-to-hire to ensure that we are the right fit for you and you are the right fit for our team over the long haul.
You care about user experience and building things that people find intuative and easily understood.
What you’ll do:
Work closely with our systems architect and UX architect to implement new product builds for web applications. There will also be some ongoing maintenance and support of established products. Work on a variety of projects in different business verticals and learn about each through the projects you work on. Work with sharp, go-getting collaborative teammates who want to see you succeed so we can all succeed. As a frontend-focused full stack engineer you will have visibility into an depending on the project input towards the UI Design through collaboration with our visual design team. You will have the opportunity to provide input and use best practices when implementing maintainable code. You will have the opportunity to wear several hats and always be learning.
- Bachelor of Science in: Computer Science/Software Engineering, Systems Engineering w/ minor in CS; or 2 years relevant work experience with references.
- Legally authorized to work in the US and will keep working hours in “us-east-1” time zone.
- Proficient with Git and unix-based systems and CLIs.
- Experienced with Angular (15+) and its best practices.
- Comfortable working from Figma wireframes when implementing a frontend.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent self-management of time and ability to work autonomously during the day.
- Alexandria, Va. Remote possible for the right fit. Workers in the following states are not eligible: Colorado, Washington State, California, Nevada, New York, New Jersey.
- Proficient with ReactJS.
- Familiar with PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with ExpressJS-based API frameworks.
- Experience deploying to AWS and know your way around an AWS console.
- Hands-on experience with Agile Methodologies like SCRUM/Kanban.
- Proficient with project management softwares like JIRA, Shortcut, etc..
- Quality-driven but not a perfectionist to the point of paralysis. You should care about the quality of things attributed to your name and reputation, and take pride in them. However, you should not be such a perfectionist that nothing is ever shippable.
- Formal training or proven understanding of data structures and representation, algorithms (particularly O-notation and how/why it matters in real life).
- Inquisitive by nature. Ask good questions but also learn things on your own.
- Learn quickly, and proactively take steps not to repeat repeat your– or those you’ve observed’s– mistakes.
Benefits Upon Hire
- Optional Dental & Vision add-ons.
- Optional Costco Membership
- Optional Gym Membership subsidy